Something we haven't covered? Drop us an email and we'll get back to you!
- 1.2.1 Personal Information refers to any data provided about an individual wherein
- (i) the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained; or
- (ii) when put together with other information, would directly identify an individual.
- 1.2.2 Sensitive Personal Information means any Personal Information that:
- (i) pertains to an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- (ii) pertains to an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life, or to any proceedings in court;
- (iii) is issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual, e.g., social security numbers and health records; or
- (iv) is specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
1.3 Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, TIN, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mobile numbers, mailing address, email address, network data, credit information and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2.1 We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- (a) when you submit an application form or other forms relating to any of our Products and Services (defined below);
- (b) when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- (c) when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- (d) when you purchase or obtain third party services through us;
- (e) when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- (f) when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- (g) when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
- (h) when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- (i) when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with the Products and Services you have applied for;
- (j) when you subscribe to our newsletters
- (k) when you submit a job application through our channels which shall ask you to share your personal information; and
- (I) when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously. Nevertheless, please see the section below on cookies. We do not automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information, subscribe to our newsletters, or login with your account credentials.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes in accordance with this Policy.
2.4 You should check that all Personal Data submitted to us by you is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Products and Services you have requested. Nevertheless, you have the right to access the Personal Information shared with us and correct your Personal Data as necessary.
3.1 Generally, Yondu collects, uses, discloses, and processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- (a) responding to your queries and requests;
- (b) managing the administrative and business operations of Yondu and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- (c) facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the Companies;
- (d) matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- (e) resolving complaints and handling requests and inquiries;
- (f) preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- (g) providing media announcements and responses;
- (h) monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- (i) legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- (j) conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing, suspected illegal activities or fraud;
- (k) meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, circulars or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Yondu (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); (I) processing your job application;
- m) administering benefits and payroll processing;
- (n) organizing training and development of employees, and assessing their performance; and
- (o) purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.2 In addition, Yondu collects, uses, discloses, and processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- (a) If you are a customer, or an employee of an organization which is a customer of Yondu
- (i) opening or continuation of accounts and establishing or providing you with the Products and Services you subscribe to (including but not limited to service activation, service operations, service delivery and order processing);
- (ii) facilitating the continuation or termination of your subscription to our Products and Services (including but not limited to administering subscription arrangements, account maintenance, account closure, processing renewal of contracts and customer relationship management);
- (iii) facilitating the daily operation of the Products and Services (including but not limited to billing, customer service, customer verification, technical support, network maintenance and troubleshooting);
- (iv) facilitating third party services if purchased, obtained, administered or processed through us;
- (v) managing and executing our service-level agreements with you;
- (vi) processing of payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- (vii) enforcement of repayment obligations (including but not limited to debt collection, filing of claims and retrieval of payments from losses made by service partners);
- (viii) administering and processing any insurance claims and payments arising under the respective policies;
- (ix) credit and internal risk management (including but not limited to performing credit checks and disclosures to law enforcement agencies);
- (x) generating internal reports (including but not limited to annual, operational and management reports);
- (xi) processing referral payments and commission fees to our external partners;
- (xii) administering fee adjustments, refunds and waivers;
- (xiii) analyzing your use of our Products and Services so as to help us improve, review, develop and efficiently manage the Products and Services offered to you; and
- (xiv) purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- (b) If you are applying for employment, or become a Yondu employee:
- (i) processing your application, including all pre-employment procedures which require disclosure of your Personal Data;
- (ii) administering your benefits and payroll processing;
- (iii) organizing training and development programs;
- (iv) assessing your performance;
- (v) purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.3 Furthermore, where permitted under the Act:
- (a) Yondu may also collect, use, disclose, and process your Personal Data for the following “Yondu Additional Purposes“:
- (i) analytics and tracking, including facilitating the sale of analytical data;
- (ii) conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programs in relation to Yondu’s Products and Services, and to improve our service delivery and your customer experience at our touchpoints;
- (iii) providing additional Products and Services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programs from Yondu;
- (iv) matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of Products and Services by Yondu;
- (v) leads generation and management for marketing Yondu’s Products and Services;
- (vi) administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalizing your experience at Yondu’s touchpoints;
- (vii) communicating to you advertisements involving details of our Products and Services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and telemarketing);
- (viii) organizing promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects; and
- (ix) purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for Yondu Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Yondu.
- (b) Yondu may also collect, use, disclose, and process your Personal Data for the following “Preferred Partners Additional Purposes“:
- (i) conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programs with our preferred partners;
- (ii) matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services (including promotions) by our preferred partners;
- (iii) leads generation and management for marketing the products and services offered by our preferred partners;
- (iv) administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns in connection with the products and services offered by our preferred partners;
- (v) sending you informational, recruitment and other notification messages communicated by our preferred partners;
- (vi) communicating to you advertisements involving details of the products, services, special offers and rewards offered by our preferred partners, either to our customers generally, or which we or our preferred partners have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and telemarketing); and
- (vii) purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for Preferred Partners’ Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Yondu’s preferred partners. However, please be assured that we do not disclose your Personal Data to our preferred partners for the purposes of the above unless your consent is expressly obtained.
Whenever it shall be necessary to share your Personal Data with Yondu’s partners or to any other party as indicated in this Policy, Yondu ensures that it shall execute a Data Sharing Agreement with its partner in accordance with the Act. These partners or companies shall also be required to comply with the confidentiality standards no less than what is set-forth in this Policy, and use these Personal Data only for our purposes and as instructed by Yondu.
3.4 If you have provided your telephone or mobile number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your provided telephone or mobile number(s), then from time to time, Yondu may contact you using such telephone or mobile number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our Products and Services or those products and services offered by our preferred partners (including discounts and special offers).
3.5 In relation to particular Products and Services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use, disclose, or process your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use, disclose, and process your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
3.6 You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
3.7 Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the Products and Services that you hold or have subscribed to with Yondu.
3.8 If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Yondu may not be in a position to continue to provide its Products and Services to you, administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with Yondu, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Yondu’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
4.1 Yondu will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- (a) Yondu’s related corporations and employees to provide content, Products and Services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your customer accounts, subscription and billing arrangements with us as well as our Products and Services, to activate, deactivate, install, maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
- (b) companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to Yondu;
- (c) agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Yondu, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre, security or other services to Yondu;
- (d) vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Yondu or its preferred partners;
- (e) commercial shops and retailers in relation to providing rewards and benefits;
- (f) other telecommunications, content or other service providers to facilitate their provision of content or services, or for interconnection, inter-operability, system operation and maintenance and billing between service providers;
- (g) any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the Companies;
- (h) collection and repossession agencies in relation to the enforcement of repayment obligations for debts;
- (i) credit bureaus for the purpose of preparing credit reports or evaluation of creditworthiness;
- (j) external banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- (k) our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- (l) relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority;
- (m) Yondu clients or partners, if your job application is in accordance with a staff augmentation or placement agreement with the partner; and
- (n) any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
5.1 Yondu utilizes several different methods in the storage and retention of your Personal Data, including but not limited to cloud storage, physical and electronic files, etc. Yondu ensures that it shall always maintain the security of your Personal Data and will always act in accordance with this Agreement, as regards to the storage and disposal of these information.
5.2. Yondu shall retain Personal Data (including but not limited to those included in electronic documents) to the extent that the Company is required to by law, and only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose(s) for which the Personal Data has been collected or processed.
5.3. Yondu undertakes to dispose of your Personal Data in a secure manner, in accordance with Data Privacy Laws, and will ensure that the disposal shall prevent further disclosure, sharing or processing to any other party.
6.1 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites.
- (a) enabling certain features and functions on our websites, eg. remembering your user-id, browsing and other service preferences;
- (b) building up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
- (c) improving the efficiency of our website;
- (d) administering services to you and to advertisers; and
- (e) establishing usage statistics
6.3 Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies, but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
6.4 Advertisements on the Yondu website may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. Yondu does not control these third parties and their cookie policies and if you have questions about their cookie policies, please contact Yondu and we will try our best to assist by providing you information about these third party advertising agencies.
7.1 If you:
- (c) would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records; or
- (d) would like to report any threatened or actual breach of your Personal Data, please contact Yondu as follows: Email:dpoyondu.comWrite in:Data Protection Office
Yondu, IncLower Penthouse, Panorama Tower
34th Street corner Lane A, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
PhilippinesContact:+63 2 847 2732
7.2 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organization or individual to make such queries, complaints, access and correction requests to Yondu on your behalf.
7.3 You also have the right to file a complaint directly with the National Privacy Commission for any violation of your data privacy rights.
8.1 Yondu maintains reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical measures in order to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, and other unlawful processing.
8.2 In accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, a Data Protection Officer has been appointed to manage and protect your Personal Data. Breaches shall be reported with dispatch, and Yondu will endeavor to always ensure that its Privacy Management Programs are always monitored and updated to be at par with future developments.
8.3 In the event that Yondu verifies that there has been an actual data breach, or when there is reasonable belief by Yondu that a personal data breach requiring notification has occurred, it shall notify the National Privacy Commission and the affected data subjects of such data breach, in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other relevant Data Privacy Laws.
By proceeding and clicking “I accept”, you confirm that:
- you are of legal age, and you have the capacity to legally bind yourself to the terms of this Policy;
- you fully understand all the terms and conditions stated in this Policy; and
- you consent to the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy.